Thursday, February 26, 2015

Out of the Mouth of Babes.......

Hey, everybody! It’s me, Ali! Today I’m going to give you a taste of home – literally. I wanted to share some funny statements made by my brothers and I. Before I begin though, I will give you a little of my family background: I have three brothers named Alex, Anthony, & Aaron. Alex and Anthony are older than me and Aaron is a year younger. So, have fun reading funny little blurbs from our young childhood days!  

When Anthony was three, Mom began working on teaching him different colors. To Mom’s dismay, he called red, green and yellow fire truck, tractor and sunshine!

One day, while Mom was changing my newborn brother, Aaron’s diaper, three-year-old Anthony excitedly announced, “Look, Aaron’s electrical cord fell off!”…..referring to his umbilical cord.

A quote from Mom about Anthony when he was 4: “Apparently I occasionally tell you (Anthony), ‘You’re going to make me lose my patience’ because one day you said to me, ‘Mommy, I didn’t lose your patience today!’ “

A statement made by Anthony when he turned 4: “I’m growing big, my head is clear up to my hair!”  

One day 5-year-old Anthony told someone, “We have 3 kids in our family: Alex, Aaron and me.”  When asked, “What about Ali?”  Anthony replied, “Oh, she’s a girl!”

When I was little, I liked to climb in bed with the boys.  One evening Anthony said, “I sure hope Ali doesn’t wake me tonight ‘cause I’m desausted!”  

One day Anthony, who was six, sat on the steps with our song books, Bibles, and dollies. He said to me, “Ali, you sit up here in the valcony (balcony).”  “Okay,” I replied, “And you be the creature (preacher).”

A highlight of the year I turned five was raising baby chicks and butchering them.   Quite a learning experience for my whole family!  The morning after butchering, as we were sitting at the breakfast table, I said out of the blue, “I’m sure glad I’m not a chicken!”

A statement made by my brother, Alex, when he was six: “Someday I’m going to be an angel, Mom, but I don’t know how I’ll grow wings!” 

One evening as Mom and Dad were driving home from church, six-year-old Alex looked up at the sky and said, “God is up in heaven.  I can’t see God.  When is Jesus going to come?  Wait, I think I see Jesus’ feet coming down now!”

Another statement made by six-year-old Alex “How did God make Anthony?  Did he just put his head and arms together?” 

One day my little brother Aaron, who was about three, showed Mom his arm and said, “Look, Mom! I’m growing fur (hair) just like Dad!”


A statement made by 7-year-old Aaron when he wanted a haircut during harvest season: “Mom, when are you going to combine my hair?

-Ali Gator

No comments:

Post a Comment