Saturday, February 7, 2015

True or False?

Hey, guys! So the idea behind this post is, I'm going to tell you three stories. Then, in the comments, you have to guess whether or not the story/stories are true or if they are false. Let's begin!

Story 1- I woke up at 7:45 am and decided I wanted to rewatch the Dark Knight. I put the disk in and sat on the couch. I opened a forum on my laptop and started roleplaying as I watched. When it finished, I hit play again. And again. And again. In total, I ended up watching this movie 8 times in one day.

True or False?

Story 2- I went on a business trip with my dad. We were driving in the beautiful state of Vermont when the GPS gave us a sudden direction to 'TURN LEFT NOW!' He yanked the wheel hard and we made the turn. A couple miles down the road, Dad looked in his rearview mirror. A jacked-up truck--seriously, it was practically a Monster Truck--was following us. To test this theory, Dad pulled to the side. The big truck tried to corner us. They were really bad at doing a roadblock though, and Dad easily drove our van around them.

The truck followed us for a long period of time, before a white car joined in on the chase. Now both of these vehicles were chasing us. Then, another vehicle pulled out of the driveway and stopped in front of us. Dad started backing up and the truck and car tried to block us. Dad stopped, but the truck kept coming at us. The driver opened his door and hung out, yelling who knows what at my Dad. My dad went off the road slightly and got past the road block.

We sped away. Dad kept looking into the mirror to see if they were following us. He pulled off the road into this camping-type area. It was getting dark so, to avoid being found, Dad turned off the head lights and slowly creeped along the path. An off shoot led away from the camping area, and Dad took it. We parked there for a few minutes. At this point, eight-year-old me is freaked out of his mind. Eventually, Dad decided it was safe enough to pull out and try and find our way back. Ahead, we saw cop lights, so Dad headed in that direction. We got pulled over by the cop and Dad was about to launch into this story, when the cop comes to the door and says, "We have reports that you are driving recklessly." My Dad stares at the cop before going into his story. He tells the guy what happened, and that he would've stopped but I was there and he didn't know what those guys would do.

The cop walked back to his car and sat, talking to someone. Dad looked in his mirror. "You've gotta be kidding me," Dad said. In the passenger seat, was the passenger of the white car. The cop comes back and says he's sorry and that it won't happen again. It turns out that the deputy of the town we were in was related to the entire posse. Dad asked for directions back to the road we needed, and we drove off. I still think we should've pressed charges for scaring an eight-year-old boy to tears.

True or False?

Story 3- When I turned ten, I ran downstairs to open my presents. My entire family was awake, which was in and of itself strange seeing as it was a Saturday, and it was only 9:00 am. They said happy birthday to me and stuff, but wouldn't let me open my presents. In about an hour, I found out why. Grandpa and Grandma came in and said happy birthday. Grandpa had a gift behind his back, but that was going to be the last gift I opened. I opened all my gifts and my day was perfect. Then Grandpa set down a square-ish looking box in front of me. I ripped it open and found a cage with a tiny turtle in it.

"SCORE!" I yelled. "A brand new pet!" Grandpa was a zoologist, so he often gave pets as presents, but he had never given me one before. Grandpa told me about some special contests in the area that I could train the turtle for. I dubbed the turtle's name Splash. I know, real inventive. Over the next few months, I really got into training my turtle to do awesome tricks and cool moves. After only three months of preparation, I started entering contests. Splash and I were actually pretty good at it, and we won 8 competitions. This qualified us to go to the Regional Grand Championship. I almost won, even got to the final round, before Splash was beaten by some punk's lizard. The worst part of all was that I didn't even get a trophy. I got some stupid Certificate, which basically said, "Good Job." I may never get over Splash. He died in 2000.

True or False?

Well, that's it! Which of these stories are true? Which of them are false? You're guess is as good as mine. Except not...

~Jordan Smith

6 comments: